Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Allow users to see the specific part of a report that is raising an error.

Manual refresh works fine but one of my reports is failing the Scheduled Refresh with this error:

"Not a legal OleAut date.. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface."

There is likely an illegal date somewhere in my report which I need to manually find and fix. This report has many hundreds of columns, with perhaps two dozen date fields. It would make my life much easier if the error that was raised could tell me the data source/column/row/cell that is raising the error, like a normal debugging process. 

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @TPTTRFR,

I found the same issue already reported internally: CRI 30734112.

This suggests that one of the user's queries is returning a date whose year is earlier than CE 100. If you are familiar with your data, you can try to find the date value and fix it on source side. Otherwise, you can transform the bad values to null inside the query editor. That might look like this:

= Table.TransformColumns(PreviousStep, {{"PROJ_START_DATE", (date) => if Date.Year(date) < 101 then null else date}})

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

TPTTRFR
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the feedback. However, I don't believe this has been 'delivered' as it hasn't answered my initial question.

v-qiuyu-MSFT has very kindly offered a solution for transforming the problematic column, but my initial request was for a feature that would let me find the problematic column.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @TPTTRFR,

Here are some ideas which you can try to find the problematic column:

1. During the time that the error throws out in service, you can refresh all queries in Query Editor to see if any error throws out.
2. Remove one table each time from the report then publish to service to refresh, check which table is problematic.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu