Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Alert triggering multiple times without change in the failure data

Hi,

I was under the impression that when an alert is set if it is activated once with a value it won't reactivate if the value doesn't change.

Is this the case? In my example I saw the following:

image.pngimage.png

In both of the cases the value was 1 and I have set the alert to run once per hour, which is interesting in the sense that the time difference was 3 hours. Also in UTC time both of these alerts were triggered at the same day. I'm not sure if the alerts reset if the date changes.

Thank you,

Lydia

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @sundayDriver,

Based on my test on my side, alert notification will display when the data is changed. If there is no other alert between these two alerts, this should be an issue. As I'm not able to reproduce it on my side, I would suggest you create a support ticket for help. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

ruishi
Employee

Hi, 

I have a similar issue here. 

I refresh the data every day and in the last two refreshes, the data is the same. I expect the first refresh trigger the alert and the second one will not since it has the same data.

However, the second refresh also triggers the alert.

So does the logic means the alert will be triggered as long as it is above the Thredhold even they are the same after refresh?

Thanks!