Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

After lastest update I get "We weren't able to restore the saved database to the model"

After lastest update I get "We weren't able to restore the saved database to the model" . How can I get ahold of my information. Please don't tell me that I need to recreate it again as it was days of work. 🙂
Thanks.

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@melissd

Did you update to the latest Jan 2017 version of Power BI Desktop and encounter this problem? It seems to be a same issue reported here before but it has already been fixed.

How about the result if you restore PBI Desktop to previous version?

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

fchukoskie
Advocate I

I'm currently experiencing this problem. Let me know what information would be helpful for your troubleshooting.

PowerBI_info.png

Contact me for the diagnostic file, if it helps.

-Frank

melissd
Employee

Hi Frank:

No unfortunately, it stills happens at times. What I do is that I write what I want in a separate screena dn copy /paste it to the title. That way it works and I don't have to go back and forty.

Hope it helps while they fix this 🙂

fchukoskie
Advocate I

Sorry for the confusion...when I saw that the mod had marked your thread as "Needs Info", the reply was geared more towards the Microsoft side. I'm happy to help provide them with info as needed.

If we're both still experiencing it, hopefully we'll get some eyes on the problem soon.

-Frank