Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Access to a PowerBI group to a member external to the organisation doesn't work

Hi,

We're trying to grant an external member access to a PowerBi group (jonathan.cetti@wise-energy.eu) . However, when I tried to add him, he couldn’t have access to it.

So I wanted to delete him to add him again but then we get the following message :

Something went wrong

Couldn't update the group
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Activity ID2ad14b5a-3b6b-4913-9a9f-8f9acfab38f3

Request ID8d2db3e3-d48b-9e9d-d0c7-f1b59f63565a

Correlation IDc3bcdec0-97b5-ac2e-99bc-2bbd6602df2d

Status code400

TimeWed Apr 12 2017 09:11:24 GMT+0200 (Romance Standard Time)

Version13.0.1700.1728

Cluster URIhttps://wabi-europe-north-b-redirect.analysis.windows.net

How can I remove this user and add him again so he gets access ?

Thanks

Regards

Joeri Michiels

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@micjo01

We cannot add external users to Power BI group. Please refer to my screenshot as below. Not sure how did you add the external user into your group before. But actually it is not supported.

Access to a PowerBI group to a member external to the organisation doesn't work_1.jpg

Best Regards,
Herbert

micjo01

Hi Herbert,

Thanks for your feedback.  Do you know if Microsoft is working on a solution to be able to add external customers to a Group ?

Or can you tell us if there is another way to share a Group to our customer ?

We've added our customers email address to the SQ Group : the customer received the mail but couldn't access the Group.  Now we're trying to delete him from this Group but unfortunately he can't be deleted.  Any idea on how to solve this ?

Thanks

Regards

Joeri Michiels

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@micjo01

As far as I know, there is no such solution. We can only share dashboard to external users but cannot add them into internal groups.

For the external user who has been added unexpectedly, I think you need to create a support ticket at http://support.powerbi.com (see bottom of page) to investigate the solution.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered