Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

3D Maps data card not working

The hover over datacard doesn't display the values for all fields like it used to.  

i've tried resetting the datacard, reformatting the source data, adding and subtracting the fields not working, etc, etc.

It used to work fine.  I would hover over a location and see every data field and it's associated value displayed.

What could be the issue?

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@lacastellanos

I cannot repro the same issue on my side. Please refer to following video and let me know if there is any difference between our repro steps.

You can also share your PBIX file to me through online file service like OneDrive, so that I can have a try locally.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

lacastellanos

Thanks, how do I share this file via onedrive?

It is an xlsx excel file.

lacastellanos

I've been continually messing with this because I need to see my site ID #s when I hover over the markers, otherwise, the whole map is pretty useless.

Nothing I tried worked.  Until, I added the #ID field to the "Size" category in the layer.  Now my "dots" are all different sizes depending on the ID#, but at least I can use the datacard to see what they are.

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@lacastellanos

It seems that you are not using Power BI Desktop. If we'd like the field to be displayed in the datacard/tooltip, we need to add that column/field to the visual in Power BI Desktop as below.

3D Maps data card not working_1.jpg

Best Regards,
Herbert