Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

32-bit version of new October 2017: Unable to start Power BI Desktop

We get an error when trying to launch the new version of PBI Desktop (October 2017) release on 32-bit version.

"Unable to start Power BI Desktop" "We weren't able to connect to the model."

The 64-bit version is working properly.

Error

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Anonymous

I can repro the same issue as you. I’ve reported it internally to Power BI Report Server Team.
I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.

markc
Frequent Visitor

I am having a similar issue, I believe. I have the 32bit version of the PowerBI Desktop (RS) on my computer and it fails to start. I get a command line window appearing while the application tries to launch. The command line window can be seen in attached image.

11-7-2017 7-42-18 AM.jpg

My coworkers can run the 64bit version without issue.

Hopefully this is the same thing.

Thanks.

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Anonymous @markc

Product team is aware of this bug and is working with the PBI Desktop team to fix the same.

Best Regards,
Herbert

markc
Frequent Visitor

Are there any updates on this? Wondering if there will be an update pushed out before next month or how everyone will be notified.

Thanks.

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@markc

Product team still is deciding on the ETA for this release of PBI Desktop, once I know the ETA I will let you know.

Best Regards,
Herbert

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@markc

Just heard back from the product team that the fix for this issue should be out in the next couple weeks.

Best Regards,
Herbert

markc
Frequent Visitor

@v-haibl-msft

Are we getting close to a release fix? I have work backlogging as I can't access the application.

Thanks.

markc
Frequent Visitor

@v-haibl-msft

Any updates on this?

It has been over a month since the fix was announced and we haven't heard anything.