Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

BarryB75
Helper I
Helper I

unexpected error NamespacesMGR threw an exception

One of my users is getting an error when they try to connect to an Analysis server.  The error message is:

'Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.NamespacesMgr' threw and exception.

Does anyone know the cause of it and how to fix it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

We found the cause.  It had to do with the user id and admin settings on the server side. Roles and perms.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @BarryB75

Do you connect to SSAS from Power BI Desktop or Power BI Service? If you use Power BI Desktop, what option do you use? “Import” or “Connect live”? We also need to know what version and edition of SSAS you connect to.

I have just tested connecting to SSAS using import and connect live options in Power BI Desktop, everything works well. I found a thread stating similar issue, it is related to profile, and the issue is solved after removing Power BI desktop folder in the user profile (APPDATA\local\microsoft\PowerBI Desktop) and restarting Power BI  Desktop.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lydia!

I believe I am facing similar problems when refreshing queries on Power BI. Here is my post, https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Refresh-Error/idi-p/1000354. Could you please help me with this?

Many thanks.

Giovanni

We found the cause.  It had to do with the user id and admin settings on the server side. Roles and perms.

Hi!
Role and perms on Analysis service server or PowerBi server?
I have the same problem.
Can you give me more details? Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors