Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Eric_Sergerie
Advocate I
Advocate I

sharepoint folder empty

Trying to load files from Sharepoint  in Power Bi Desktop and having issues. Basically, I'm puttting an Excel file in the app workspace document library. When connecting to this Sharepoint site in Power BI Desktop (Sharepoint folder source), I'm not seeing any files.

I tried with another app workspaces and it's working fine.

Note that I'm admin of both groups.

Any ideas where to look?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It's working now. Don't ask me how and why though. Tested it on my laptop with another Sharepoint site and it was working. Tried it a couple of times with this one without any success. Another user tried it with success. Now I'm trying it this morning and it's working...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Eric_Sergerie,

I am unable to reproduce your issue, do you use February update of Power BI Desktop? Could you please input the similar URL as below in Web entry of Power BI Desktop and check if you can connect to Excel file?

https://XXXX.sharepoint.com/sites/appworkspacename/Shared%20Documents/excelfilename.xlsx

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

It's working now. Don't ask me how and why though. Tested it on my laptop with another Sharepoint site and it was working. Tried it a couple of times with this one without any success. Another user tried it with success. Now I'm trying it this morning and it's working...

@Eric_Sergerie,

Seems that it is a intermittent issue. Glad to hear the issue is solved, you can accept your reply as answer to close this thread.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors