Re: power bi publisher for excel runtime error

@dmacdonald, could you please follow steps in this blog for the trouble shooting steps about how to deal with the "A runtime error occurred during the loading of the COM Add-In" error? 

In addition, in this article which discusses workaround of the same issue in OneNote is to run the addin with Administrator permission. Please also try it to see whether it works in Excel. 

Frequent Visitor

Looks to me like we are still just guessing what the problem is.

Well Powerbi is an msi installer so the instructions actually won't work as described.

Regardless, I ran the msi in an adminstrator elevated environment and there is no change.

Looks like a great tool, but I'll wait to roll it out in my organization once it's stable and reliable,

I think the bigest issue here is that the error messaging and loging is, in a word, useless.

And useless messages are not going to help my IT group install this for 100 users.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Same here. Publisher can't load. I tried repairing Office, install and reinstall, running under admin. Doesn't work. From what I can tell, there are no errors logged in the Event Viewer. Any tips of how to troubleshoot the load failure? Does the add-in have a log somewhere?

publisher.png

Frequent Visitor

[ Edited ]

I spent hours on it, it has never worked for me.

I was thinking of using it in our organization, but since it does not work and appears that the error in niether logged or correctable I simply gave up.