Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

marco_lima
Frequent Visitor

on premises data gateway won't show

First I did uninstalled the Power BI Personal Gateway but it still here, and I have installed the on
premises gateway but it won't show on Datasets.

problemRazzoGate01.png

But it is right here Online and the services on promises is working on the Server 

ConfigGatRaz.png

What I need to do to get that working since I have all the data source connected ?

Thank you in advance.

8 REPLIES 8
marco_lima
Frequent Visitor

FYI today I had a call with Microsoft Helpdesk and they elevate to a critical issue, it is look like does not matter what I do the app still attached with the Personal Gateway I had uninstalled.

Will keep you guys up to date.

Hey mate -  did you ever hear back on this? 

How did you resolve? 

GV

juanca
Helper II
Helper II

Hello,

I have the same problem, after installing the On-premise Data Gateway it shows that is ok in the "Manage Gateways" screen but I cannot use it in my datasets...

Any idea?

Thanks,

Kind regards.

Hi,

When I press "refresh now" for the dataset that is using the connection created in my On-Premise Gateway this is what I see:

ODBC gateway connection 2.png

But in the "Manage Gateways" section all seem to be ok:

ODBC gateway connection.png

A lot of problems when trying to configure these connections... frustrated.

Any advice?

Thanks a lot,

Kind regards.

Hey so far I did not find anything, I tried to do what Adam Saxton did on that video but no luck so far.

Hi,

I managed to stablish connection among my data sources and my connector, in my case the problem was on the string that is used to configure connection in a ODBC connection.

Have you got a Power BI Pro license? I suppose you did, but it could be the problem.

Good luck,

kind regards.

Hello,

to be able to schedule a refresh you need Pro licence at monthly fee $9.99

Kind regards

Hi @marco_lima,

Although I've not been able to solve my own problem maybe you find this video useful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01jyM5IzH68

Kind regards.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors