Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Eptor
Frequent Visitor

on premise gateway - not working for refreshing 1 file

Hi,

I have created a report using the desktop app  which is a combination of SFDC data and 1 file.

I set in PowerBI on the data sources of the file the same path as in the desktop app.

As soon as try to set the "Refresh Schedule" and select the gateway I receive the following error:

"Something went wrong

Failed to use the selected gateway. Please make sure the gateway is up and running and try again.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Activity IDa85481ac-f608-4a96-8043-b03f01438a2a
Request ID0f2b1833-61d9-7059-f597-a16a2b1a9839
Correlation ID0454d469-4a0c-38e2-047f-07efca01adea
Status code400
TimeWed Mar 22 2017 17:48:55 GMT+0100 (Central European Standard Time)
Version13.0.1700.1439

Gateway seems fine, and I checked that is the same path like 20 times.

Any ideas of what can be the reason of the error?

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Eptor,

From your description, it seems that the the dataset have two data sources SalesForce and File, right?

As SalesForce is a online service which is not supported in data gateway. In this scenario, you need to use the personal gateway instead of the on-premise data gateway. See this similar thread: How do I add a Salesforce Connection as a data source in corporate gateway?.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Eptor,

From your description, it seems that the the dataset have two data sources SalesForce and File, right?

As SalesForce is a online service which is not supported in data gateway. In this scenario, you need to use the personal gateway instead of the on-premise data gateway. See this similar thread: How do I add a Salesforce Connection as a data source in corporate gateway?.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks a lot.

I have managed to resolve the problem partially with the personal gateway. Getting there.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors