Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

faludigabor
Frequent Visitor

enterprise data gateway no available for another user

<p>hi ,&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>I have a simple tenant with 5 users . &nbsp;I installed the enterprise gateway which seems to work just fine for me .&nbsp;</p>
<p>I want to enable my collegaue to attach his report to this gateway. However when he goes to schedule refresh it complaints about a personal gateway and he cannot access the enterprise one that is <strong>online.&nbsp;</strong></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>He is Admin of the gateway and has access to the datasources too .&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>How would you debug this ?</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>tx,</p>
<p>gabor</p>
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sorry - i left this behind . Issue was that datasources were not matching . Its just not very user friendly . but got through .

ta,

gabor

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @faludigabor,

What data sources of the dataset? Do you add the data sources under the enterprise gateway? If you have added the data sources under gateway, then you would need to add your colleague under the Users tab of the data sources in Power BI Service, there is a similar thread for your reference.

However, if the data sources are not added under gateway, your colleague would need to add these data sources under the gateway.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Actually, 

what happened that I created a demo user and did all the same I've done w/ the production user and it works for the demo user well. 

so there may be a timing issue with connector permissions?

tx,

gabor

Hi @faludigabor,

Does the problem user add data sources of dataset under the gateway?

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

sorry - i left this behind . Issue was that datasources were not matching . Its just not very user friendly . but got through .

ta,

gabor

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors