Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dduffy
Regular Visitor

Where is Manage Data Gateway option

Hi, I have downloaded the data gateway, and installed on a test server. I will be connecting to an oracle database. In the documentation to manage the oracle database. In Documentation [1] following statement is made "If the gateway is for Power BI, you will need to add your data sources to the gateway within the Power BI service. This is done within the Manage gateways area. You can refer to the manage data sources articles for more information." Is the powerBI service something different to the gateway, I had assumed I would have an option in the data gateway to add a data source. As I am using Oracle as the data source, I was reading managing data source - oracle [2], and it states following: "Manage gateways will not show up until you are the admin of at least one gateway. This can happen either by being added as an admin or you installing and configuring a gateway." Added as an Admin - where via what tool, is this suggesting I need to be an admin on a server or in ldap or in powerBI. Where in powerBI would I go to set this up ? So, basically where is the option to Manage Gatways. I have data gateway installed and it seems to think everything is OK, I have my Oralce ODAC also installed and tnsping my oracle database works. I just dont know wher ethe manage gateway option should be ? [1] Documentation Data gateway https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-gateway-onprem/ [2] Managing Data Source Oracle https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-gateway-onprem-manage-oracle/

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RMDNA
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

To find "Manage Gateways," go into your dataset options on app.powerbi, click "Schedule Refresh," and you'll see the screen below. I've boxed it in red for you.

helps.PNG

There's personal and enterprise gateways - which one you want is up to the needs of your project.

There may be an easier way to get there from the main page, but I don't know what it is.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
RMDNA
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

To find "Manage Gateways," go into your dataset options on app.powerbi, click "Schedule Refresh," and you'll see the screen below. I've boxed it in red for you.

helps.PNG

There's personal and enterprise gateways - which one you want is up to the needs of your project.

There may be an easier way to get there from the main page, but I don't know what it is.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors