Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

pat_energetics
Advocate II
Advocate II

Web scraping a site which requires form data entry before producing a data table

Hi all,

I'm after some guidance on the best way of obtaining all of the available data from the following web site.

https://www.rec-registry.gov.au/rec-registry/app/public/lgc-register

The site requires a form to be completed before producing a data table. (or several tables over many pages)

Registry form - "select all" needed for each drop downRegistry form - "select all" needed for each drop down

Is there a way of parameterising a query so that ALL of the available data would be returned?

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pat_energetics,

If the REC Registry provide APIs for query this kind of data, then it's able to use Web data source to call API in Power BI desktop. You can see this sample of calling REST API: How to call REST APIs and parse JSON with Power BI. If not, I'm afraid it's not possible to get data in Power BI.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Qiuyun,

It appears the site does have an API - https://www.rec-registry.gov.au/rec-registry/app/api/public-register/certificate-actions?

but the documentation on it is limited.

I will try to make contact with the site admin to see what we can call.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors