Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

pkumar0212

Unable to connect redshift latebinding views with power bi

Hii Team, 

Hope your  are doing great, Surprisingly I am unable to connect redshift latebinding views in power BI as mentioned below.

Can some body help me in connecting with the same.?

Error Message:

DataSource.Error: The table has no visible columns and connot be queried.

5 REPLIES 5
felipefrutuoso
Frequent Visitor

Hi, i'm with the same problem. When I try to configure a direct query connection to a "WITH NO SCHEMA BINDING" view on redshift i'm getting the message: "This query contains transformations that can't be used for DirectQuery". Did someone found a solution for this behavior ?

Thanks.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@pkumar0212,

How do you create the view? Based on my reserach, if you create view using "WITH NO SCHEMA BINDING", the columns will not be listed by clients.  There is a similar thread for your reference.

In your scenario, I would recommend you create a ODBC connection for redshift following the guide in the blog, then write SQL statement in Power BI Desktop to connect to the view and check if you can import data.

1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hii Team,

I tried to connect with ODBC but still getting the below error message:

Details: "ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [Amazon][RedShift ODBC] (10) Error occurred while trying to connect: FATAL: password authentication failed for user "pradeep"
FATAL: password authentication failed for user "pradeep"

ERROR [HY000] [Amazon][RedShift ODBC] (10) Error occurred while trying to connect: FATAL: password authentication failed for user "pradeep"
FATAL: password authentication failed for user "pradeep"

"

Can u check & suggest the best way to get off it.

Hii Team 

Surpisingly after connecting the Power BI to redshift through ODBC connector still I am getting the same error message. Please check & suggest the reliable solution as i am struggling with the same for last 15 Days. 

PowerBI_ODBC_error_1.png

@pkumar0212,

Have you add SQL statement as shown in the following screenshot?
1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors