Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Polina
Frequent Visitor

UK post codes API from Land Registry data

Hi, I’m new to Power BI and am looking for some guidance...

Does anyone know if it is possible to use the UK post codes API from Land Registry data and filter down into one postcode so it will show a piece of land by this postcode?  I was able to do it by only uploading the National Statistics Postcode Lookup UK file but I need to use the API – can anyone help?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
hugoberry
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

It's hard to tell by looking at your requirements what you are trying to achive. Do include a link to the API that you refer to in the future so that to narrow down the search on which API you refer to. As to the in's and out's of calling an API Chris Webb's blog contains a plethora  of information on this topic https://blog.crossjoin.co.uk/?s=postcode..

One point worth mentioning is that although Power BI is feature reach when it comes to accessing various data sources, Although you can make a call to an API to get the right data, you won't be able to initiate this call from the Reporting View. So although you can get all you data you need in Power BI, unless it has already been loaded into the Data Model you won't be able to display it in any of the views. A solution that I find feasible in this case is to load some of the data in Power BI, say all of the postcodes, and then build the right URL inside your Data Model for accessing the mapped poligons so that in the Report View you can navigate to the right data via clicking through to a browser page. 

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the reply, i will have a look to the blog and try to use URL in Data Model.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors