Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Teradata Gateway - Error in Data Gateway

Hi,

I currently have an Enterprise Gateway setup and am trying to add a Teradata datasource. I assume I want basic authentication? I've tried basic and Windows, both with and without a domain\<user> prefix. At this point I don't think it's an issue related to the credentials I'm using. I was able to link the Teradata source in the Power BI desktop app.

image.png

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Have you fixed This issuse??????

Anonymous
Not applicable

We have fixed the the issue. We downloaded the latest Teradata ODBC driver on the gateway server and for the authentication piece, we're using Windows credentials. Granted, this is all for our environment's Teradata configuration - it may not be the same for you.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

1. Check if the on-premise data gateway installed on the same machine as Power BI desktop. If not, please make sure the machine has on-premise data gateway run can access Teradata database.

2. Double check the server name, database name, credential entered when you create the data source under gateway are the same as in Power BI desktop.

3. Update the on-premise data gateway to the latest version.

4. If issue persists, please use Fiddler to capture trace and share .saz log. Also you can share on-premise data gateway log files. See: Tools for troubleshooting.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

We were not able to get it to work, but we did fix our personal gateways which is sufficient for what we want to do. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors