Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

kblooie

TMSavePoint::GetProxyImpl

I'm having issues adding an Azure SQL Database using Direct Query. When trying to refresh data for the first time, I get:

Failed to save modifications to the server. Error returned: 'An unexpected error occurred (file 'tmsavepoint.cpp', line 1518, function 'TMSavePoint::GetProxyImpl').'.

This occurs for every table attempting to refresh.

Adding the same data source using Import works as expected.

I've ensure that I'm using the fully qualified server name and that the firewall settings have "Allow access to Azure services" enabled.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any resolution to this? It looks like many people are reporting the same error but no resolution anywhere.  I am getting it after updating a SQL view, which serves as the datasource for a tabular model.  Any details would be very much appreciated!

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kblooie,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue in my environment. Would you please check if any detail information showed in Refresh History? Please check if any modification made to the Azure SQL database and dataset during the refresh time.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors