Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

steventan

Switch Data Gateway to other Dataset

Hi. I want to switch or change data gateway from 'Out of Stock Report' dataset to 'Sales Movement Report'. But, failed. 

What I tried before:

- I clicked on "Discard" button and that Data Gateway still tie to this dataset.

- I removed 'Out of Stock Report' dataset and that Data Gateway can't be viewed or selected by other dataset too.

How to switch it?

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 4.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@steventan,

Please check if the connection strings(servername, databasename, authentication type) of 'Sales Movement Report' dataset in Power BI Desktop are same as that you use to connect to MySQL database within gateway.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

@steventan,

Please post screenshot about the connection strings you use in Power BI Desktop and gateway.

In Power BI Desktop, you can go to “File –> Options and Settings –> Data Source Settings” to check the connection string.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@steventan,

What data sources are contained in the 'Sales Movement Report' dataset?  To schedule refresh for the 'Sales Movement Report' dataset,  you would need to add all the data sources of the dataset within gateway. Once you add all the data sources, you will be able to choose “Use a data gateway” option for the 'Sales Movement Report' dataset.

Regards,
Lydia

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft,

Both data sources are the same: MySQL database. But, now, I wish to remove 'Out of Stock Report' dataset and change/switch its data gateway to 'Sales Movement Report'.

Before this, I tried to remove 'Out of Stock Report' dataset. After removed, in 'Sales Movement Report' dataset 'Use a data gateway' option menu, I failed to choose back the data gateway that 'Out of Stock Report' dataset used before.

Do you why can't use back old data gateway? Thanks.

@steventan,

Please check if the connection strings(servername, databasename, authentication type) of 'Sales Movement Report' dataset in Power BI Desktop are same as that you use to connect to MySQL database within gateway.

Regards,
Lydia

@v-yuezhe-msft,

Yes, connection strings are same.

Regards,

Steven

@steventan,

Please post screenshot about the connection strings you use in Power BI Desktop and gateway.

In Power BI Desktop, you can go to “File –> Options and Settings –> Data Source Settings” to check the connection string.

Regards,
Lydia

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors