Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jpquinn
Helper I
Helper I

Successful Upgrade On-Prem Data Gateway, Now Can't Log On to Gateway

Hello,

A month ago I successfully upgraded from Power BI Gateway Enterprise to the On-Premesis Data Gateway. Now when I go to sign back in to add a new cube to host, I go to log in, use my ID which is also the admin, and what has always worked, including through the upgrade process, etc.. and this is the error I get:

Failed to sign in. Please verify your credentials and try again.
The browser based authentication dialog failed to complete. Reason: The service is temporarily overloaded.
   at Microsoft.IdentityModel.Clients.ActiveDirectory.AuthenticationContext.RunAsyncTask[T](Task`1 task)
   at Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.EnterpriseGatewayConfigurator.AuthenticationManager.AuthenticateWithSelectedUser(String authorityAddress, String resource, String clientId, String redirectAddress)

I seriously doubt it's overloaded. This is the first time I'm logging in since the successful install, where I did log back in afterwards and check things out, as it was a bit of a problem with it's first upgrade since installed 1 year prior. It's up and running now, no issues to the user community.

Any ideas on how I can login so I can admin it, not to mention I need to upgrade it as it's been month.

Thanks,

JPQ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jpquinn
Helper I
Helper I

Appologies, please disregard. I was able to get in, instead of taking the already defaulted ID, I switched to differnt user, and used my full email address, and that made the difference.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jpquinn
Helper I
Helper I

Appologies, please disregard. I was able to get in, instead of taking the already defaulted ID, I switched to differnt user, and used my full email address, and that made the difference.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors