Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AlexeyRusinov
Helper II
Helper II

Show Power BI report from live source in CRM on-premise dashboard

Hello everyone,

I have a Microsoft CRM 2016 on-premise instance with a lot of data and possibly thousands of users. I created a SSAS warehouse to gather and process data from CRM instance. Now I want to show Power BI reports built on this data in CRM dashboards.

If I use data import to BI, then there is an available option "Publish to the web", so I can put a report in iframe in CRM dashboard, which is very convenient.

But I really want to use live connection, so I will not need data refresh and will be able to work with big amounts of data. And "publish to the web" option is unavailable for live connections.

Is there a workaround to work with BI reports live connection and embedding reports in iframe? Power BI Embedded also doesn't apply, cause I don't have my own app, but Microsoft CRM on-premise instance.

Any help is much appreciated

11 REPLIES 11
anchalK2

My CRM version is Microsoft Dynamics 365Version 1612 (8.2.2.112) (DB 8.2.2.112) on-premises. I am not able to see Power BI dashboard option after enable power BI from Sytemsettings Reporting Enable.

danm
Helper I
Helper I

any news ?

SarahAmy

Hi, did you manage to fina a solution?

AlexeyRusinov
Helper II
Helper II

Still need advice on this one. Please help, if this is possible in some way.

Hi, You can use Tiles from Power BI in MS Dynamics CRM dashboards.

You need to enable this as administrator in CRM:

1. Sign-in to Microsoft Dynamics CRM as a user with the system administrator security role.
  2. Go to Settings > Administration > System Settings.
  3. On the Reporting tab in the Allow Power BI tile embedding option, select Yes to enable or No to disable.
  4. Click OK

Now you should have an icon when creating your dashboards that says "Add a Power BI tile to this dashboard".

Hi, thank you for your answer.

Unfortunately, this option is available in CRM Online, not CRM 2016 On-premise.

HAve youo solved it yet? I have similar requirement.

No, it is not solved yet.

Hi, any news ? I have same problem

Did you find a solution?

Have you solved it yet?>  I have similar requirement.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors