Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Scraping webpage with multiple tables problem

Hi all

I was trying to scrape the below webpage for data. The webpage has multiple tables on the page and Power Query recognizes that. However it only seems to recognize the tables that have multiple lines so it will miss quite a few of them. If you look at the webpage the first table has several lines and is picked up well while the next two have one line each and are omitted. I have tried to go through the HTML on the page and it seems to me that the tables with one line are constructed in the same manner as the bigger ones.

Has anyone noticed this? Is it something I’m missing or is this a genuine problem? 

http://www.premierleague.com/content/premierleague/en-gb/matchday/results.html?paramClubId=ALL&param...

2 REPLIES 2
vinter
Frequent Visitor

You are not missing something. I observe the same problem from that webpage.

The solution is using this instead 😉

Thanks for the reply.

I completely forgot to check this for replies thats why I'm replying so late. 

I don't think the solution is to use another page. I would rather know why it isn't working with the one I use. It makes no sense that the tables with one line are omitted.

I cannot use the one you point to as I need the time as well as the date of the games 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors