Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Schedule Data Refresh Issues

Hi,

I have designed few reports by using Power BI Desktop and publish it on my workspace. Its data is linked through multiple csv & excel files.

Every time I have to mannually re-publish & overwrite the dataset through Power BI desktop. When I refresh the dataset throigh Power BI online it is giving error "You don't have any gateway installed or configured for the data sources in this dataset. Please install a new personal gateway or configure the data source for an existing data gateway."

I have already configured the On Premise datagateway for other report which connected through SSAS & other databases.

Is there any option to connect Power BI desktop dataset through On Premise data gateway? 

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Open the report you already created in Power BI desktop, click File -> Options and settings -> Data source settings to find all the data source used in this report.

q3.PNG

Then go to the Power BI service -> Manage Gateways, create those data sources under data gateway use the same connection information in desktop. You can refer to this sample about the SQL Server database: Manage your data source - SQL Server.

Click Settings -> Datasets, find the dataset of published report, choose data gateway for the dataset.

q4.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for your help. I have configured the data gateway as per the above instruction. Now I am facing other issue.

I am using my laptop for the gateway. After configuration and added the datasource in the gateway service, it worked complete fine. But when my system is restarting then the Data Gateway showing  below error 

Gateway service health check failed. Common issues can be found at https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=838272.

Below is the stack trace:
Health check failed because it cannot finish in 2000 ms.

Please help me.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors