Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AnujSikand
Frequent Visitor

Schedule Data Refresh Issues

I am currently having issues with the scheduled refreshes occuring, i have set them up as per the guides, and can click refresh now.  I have reduced it to a single refresh a day from multiple, and it say's "next scheduled refresh friday 17th july 08:00:00 GMT +1000 (aus eastern standard time).  At the time of writing this its 12.15 pm and the refresh hasn't occured, nor has it failed.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? is there a known work around or am i missing something completely.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @AnujSikand

Some issues were highlighted though updates and comments at the end of the annoucement on the Power BI blog.

Update II 2015/07/09

Some users may notice that the refresh schedules are delayed and are not running at the scheduled time. This is a known issue and a fix is in progress. Refresh Now is not impacted by the issue.

Stay tuned to the same post for news about the fix.

Data for Everyone! We mean it

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
chelseaiam

Same issue. Anyone know if this going to get fixed? 

Was this issue resoved for any of you. It is happeneing for us. 

On Demand refresh works via PowerBI personal gateway but scheduled refresh does not. It just keeps saying the next refresh is in selected time, but that is in the past now.

we are experiencing it as well. This has been a very regular occurrence over the last 4 weeks unfortunately. 

gooranga1
Power Participant
Power Participant

I am experiencing this problem too. I am currently using a personal gateway but we are in the process of setting up an enterprise gateway. Are the delays an issue with that as well?

Currently scheduled starts using personal gateway will take an hour to even start, sometimes longer.

bsewell
Regular Visitor

I'm seeing the same issue. The Refresh History shows only type "On Demand" refreshes, which are manually triggered when I post an updated Power BI desktop file. There are no refreshes based on my schedule showing in history. 

The other confusing issue is that the Next Refresh time is showing a date in the past. So, it's 11:35 AM PST and my next refresh is 11:00 GMT-0800 (PST). 

I'm using PowerBI as digital signage for my sales team and am look to trust the data for up to date information display.

Thanks for your help. 

Bill 

filippo

I'm facing a similar problem: scheduled refresh starts in delay (eg. refresh is scheduled at 11:00 but starts at 11.55).

Hi @AnujSikand

Some issues were highlighted though updates and comments at the end of the annoucement on the Power BI blog.

Update II 2015/07/09

Some users may notice that the refresh schedules are delayed and are not running at the scheduled time. This is a known issue and a fix is in progress. Refresh Now is not impacted by the issue.

Stay tuned to the same post for news about the fix.

Data for Everyone! We mean it

I have been using the PBI gateway for several months to refresh reports.  I've never seen a report refresh on schedule.  I have reports that need to be refreshed 8 times a day.  I'm lucky if they get refreshed twice a day.  When is this issue going to be addressed.  I'm tired of having to manually refresh all me reports every hour.

Hi Everyone,

unfortunately I have been experiencing the same issue too. No option of refreshing Oracle DB and Postgres, both on premise using Scheduler. I sent a ticket to the Support.

I am also facing the same issue. Only manual refresh is working. when it fails the refresh (if the gateway is offline), it triggers fail notification. Waiting for a resolution.

Regrds

Sreejish

@AnujSikand, I'm experiencing the same issue.  

Do you know if there are any updates on this? 🙂 

Thanks!

@VictoriaRosas, I Havent experienced this particular issue recently, but in an earlier response there was a link to one of the power bi blogs where MS had noted that it was a known issue.  I would suggest logging a support request with them through your office 365 admin panel and work with them to come a resolution.

Apologies i cant help any further.

Thank you so much @AnujSikand! 🙂 

I'll keep tracking the updates on this issue!

How we can apply Refresh schedule in power bi desktop to take latest data from data source? Thanks,

Thankyou for that, completely missed that message.  Ill keep an eye on the post for resolution 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors