Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Salesforce Reporting row number Limitations

Hi 

Their is a known issue where PowerBI can only pull the first 2000 rows from a Salesforce report. Is this issue being resolved? Is PowerBI working with SalesForce to remedy this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

The 2000 row limit is from  Salesforce Report API but not from Power BI. You can contact Salesforce support about this row limit as this is fully in their control.

As a workaround for the above issue, you can use Salesforce Object connector in Power BI Desktop to pull all the rows from individual tables and recreate reports you’d like. The Object connector doesn’t have the 2000 row limit.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
TaxiDad

You can upvote the request to increase that 2000-row limitation. The more votes, the more likely it will be changed. Here is that link. https://ideas.salesforce.com/s/idea/a0B8W00000GdYvXUAV/power-bi-communicate-with-microsoft-developme...
EugeneLebedev
Helper III
Helper III

You can work around this limitation using third-party tools. Here is the approach that I would recommend: https://vidi-corp.com/salesforce-reports-connector-to-power-bi/

This approach essentially extracts data from Salesforce reports in chunks of 2000 rows each and then appends them together. As a result you get all the columns you need in a single table.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

The 2000 row limit is from  Salesforce Report API but not from Power BI. You can contact Salesforce support about this row limit as this is fully in their control.

As a workaround for the above issue, you can use Salesforce Object connector in Power BI Desktop to pull all the rows from individual tables and recreate reports you’d like. The Object connector doesn’t have the 2000 row limit.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

from the solution provided to this, seems google is able to address this through its salesforce data connector for google sheets. How come it is not a limitation then in Power Query Salesforce reports connector? salesforce report connector in power query must be fixed too.

What about data security? Will google be able to see data?

@v-yuezhe-msft  I can't access SFDC tables directly due to company policy... Is there any other workaround where i can get connected to report and get complete data. I am expecting around 15K rows in my SFDC report.

I have the same problem. Is there any workaround?

Hello!

I have found a way to bypass this problem.

You can check it out here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Power-Query/How-to-Bypass-Salesforce-2000-Rows-Limitation/m-p/90010...

Hope it is useful!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors