Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Salesforce Report Automatic Refresh to Power BI Desktop and Power BI Service

Has anyone figured out how to set daily or half daily refresh from Salesforce Report to Power BI Desktop/Service.

I have this issue when Salesforce Report is being updated, it does not automatically captured on Power BI Service.

I will have to manually refresh it daily or half daily.

I am fine with any quickest and simplest solution, either a auto-refresh from Salesforce side or from Power BI side.

Hope to hear from anyone soon! 

Thank You 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous,

What credential do you use to connect to Salesforce report in Power BI Desktop? Just enter same credential in Power BI Service after you upload PBIX file.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

Are you able to set schedule refresh for your salesforce dataset in Power BI Service?
1.JPG

Regards,
Lydia 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lydia,

Here is the issue I am facing.

*Your data source can't be refreshed because the credentials are invalid. Please update your credentials and try again.

My dataset is imported as "Salesforce Report" and refresh set up is is gray outed. 

Regards

Winson

@Anonymous,

I get error 400 when entering salesforce credential under Data source credentials, and this issue has been reported internally.

Do you get same error code?

Regards,

Lydia

Anonymous
Not applicable

No I do not get the same error code as yours.

What I have read through is that the dataset from Salesforce Report will be automatically refresh once daily. You cannot set the refresh date on your own.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Thank You

Winson Chong

@Anonymous,

As long as you can successfully enter credential under Data source credentials, you can add other times to refresh. But you are limted to refresh 8 times a day.
1.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess I will have to work with Salesforce Developer / Admin Team to allow authorization for Power BI. This means it would be the issue on Salesforce side. Thank you for your support 🙂

@Anonymous,

What credential do you use to connect to Salesforce report in Power BI Desktop? Just enter same credential in Power BI Service after you upload PBIX file.

Regards,
Lydia

Anonymous
Not applicable

It works after authentication.

Thank you so much 🙂

@Anonymous,

Glad  to hear the issue is solved, please accept my previous reply as answer,  this way, other community members would easily find the answer when they get same issues.

Regards,
Lydia

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors