Frequent Visitor

SAP BW connector invalid MDX command

I'm using: Power BI Desktop (April 17 release) I'm trying to connect to SAP BW using the now standard SAP Business Warehouse server connector. SAP NW RFC SDK 7.20 downloaded and extracted. The .lib and .dll files all plonked into my system32 folder. When I use the connector I can see the Cubes in BW okay but when I preview or import I get an error message:

DataSource.Error: SAP Business Warehouse: Invalid MDX command with Details: DataSourceKind=SapBusinessWarehouse DataSourcePath=drapppsap30/16/510 ErrorCode=-2147467259 Any ideas ?Capture.JPG

Re: SAP BW connector invalid MDX command

Hi @blairzy1,

Please enable the Enable tracing in the desktop and share the trace file around the time that the error throws out for our analysis: Power BI Desktop Trace Logs Analyser.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

hi @blairzy1,

Did you get fix of this issue??

Regards

Hemant

Hi @blairzy1,

There is a new desktop version 2.45.4704.722 released on 4/17/2017. Please try to update the desktop. If issue persists, please share trace file with us.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Hi @v-qiuyu-MSFT,

I downloaded the 17-04-2017 released update of PBI as you suggested. Still i am not able to access any report or Cube in SAP BW. Kindly tell me a way so that i can share the trace logs as you suggested. I have one with me.

Regards,

Hemant

Hi @hemantsingh,

You can upload the desktop trace file into OneDrive and share the link here.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Hi @v-qiuyu-MSFT,

Since i am on a my office vpn so i cannot acceess cloud storage of any kind. It would be great if you can drop me a test mail to my personal mail id i.e hemantshyontry@gmail.com , I can send you zip file of the trace log folder.

Regards,

Hemant 

Frequent Visitor

I've been on vacation, just back now.

I'm still having issues. I've put the relevant log files relating to the error on onedrive at the link below.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AuETluKNmTkZcwiDLEpXfD7MU-k

NB. Since I created these files I did another install of PBI desktop to get up to v 2.45.4704.722 but still the same error.

@blairzy1 I have reported this issue with trace log internally. If there is any information, I will update to you.

@hemantsingh I already send a email to you. You can share the trace file via email.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Hi @v-qiuyu-MSFT,

I have just mailed you the trace files. Please analyse them & lemme know your findings.Hope to get a solution from you.

Regards,

Hemant