Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

brknod

Refreshing Sharepoint Lists within PowerBI 'unsupported features'

Hello all,

So basically what we have are dashboards that tell us various things about our environment.  Real handy.  However, there are some things that are edited monthly every month via a sharepoint list.  I'd love to throw that data in the mix with our PowerBI Dashboards by creating a connection to the sharepoint list.  That part took some digging, but I was able to figure out how to get it in there by loading up the tables list in the Data sources within Excel and getting the data in the Data Model.

So all is well except now when I try to test the connection for a refresh schedule, it squawks at me and tells me "unsupported features, boo!"

I'm unsure where to go from here, but if anyone has any ideas I'd really appreciate it, cheers!

-Brandon

2 REPLIES 2
ALeef
Advocate III
Advocate III

So it works with the manual refresh?  I'm connecting to a SharePoint List - but I don't need to refresh it often, so I just do it manually and it works for me.

Does it seem like a problem with the scheduler?  Remeber there is a maximum amount of times you can refresh ( I think its 8x/ day) depending on your licensing.

I did some more digging and switching things up, and now i'm getting the:

"OnPremise error: Sorry, the data source for this data connection isn't registered for Power BI. Ask your Power BI admin to register the data source in the Power BI admin center. An error occurred while processing table 'Exceptions'. The current operation was cancelled because another operation in the transaction failed. "

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors