Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TBenders
Helper II
Helper II

Refresh dataset not working - only online data sources, still asks for gateway

Hi,

I'm having trouble refreshing my datasets after Publishing to PowerBI online. My dataset only uses online datasources, which consists of uploaded .csv documents connected as 'Web', and 'Google Analytics'. The dataset shouldn't require a gateway... I've never had this issue in the past and am not using on-premise data. I've doublechecked the official documentation regarding "Do I need a gateway?", and i shouldnt. 

I cannot refresh and keep getting this error: 

"We couldn't refresh because your data gateway (Power BI – personal) is offline. Make sure your computer is on and the gateway is up and running." 

Does anyone know why refreshes are failing or what I could be missing?

Kind regards,

Tom Benders

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Greg_Deckler@TBenders Appears that this is a breaking change for any new datatset using Web. (hopefully temporary)

See post by Power BI Team here

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@TBenders

Please keep an eye on the post provided by Eno1978. You can try to use the gateway now.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Was this working before and now is not? If that is the case, report it as an Issue.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

@Greg_Deckler@TBenders Appears that this is a breaking change for any new datatset using Web. (hopefully temporary)

See post by Power BI Team here

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Thanks a lot for sharing this!

I spent hours trying to figure out what caused this to stop working. Would have been nice if they atleast explained or linked to this post in the error message... Let's hope they remove this restriction soon!

Good research @Seth_C_Bauer!

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors