Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

matthewmarra
Regular Visitor

REST API with Gateway as Web data source

I have my data source configured in PowerBI desktop as the web option there allows to add headers and I am able to pass the tenant key in the call, however when presented with the web option in the gateway I do not have a place to pass that key in the call. I need to pass that and the authorization header.

I'd like to have live reporting online where I can share my reports but can only seem to get data refreshed in PowerBI desktop.

Screen Shot 2018-05-24 at 9.49.44 PM.png

Thank you for any help!

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@matthewmarra,

Could you please post the code in Advanced Editor of Power BI Desktop that you use to connect to your data source?

In your scenario,  if the root URL of the your api works with anonymous access, you can keep the root part of the url and add the rest to relative path in your power query code, then use Annoymous authentication in Power BI Service to refresh your dataset, there is a similar thread for your reference.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Refreshing-a-Restful-Data-Source-with-API-Key/td-p/131298

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors