Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ljilibert
Frequent Visitor

Problems with personal gateway

Dear community,

Further to an automatic update of our 2012 SqlServer, I can't use anymore my personal gateway.

We I run "Personal Gateway", I have the classic frame that ask me to sign in.  When clicking on it, I have an error explaining "GWConf has stopped working" with following message :

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: GWConfig.exe

Problem Signature 02: 1.13.6044.1

Problem Signature 03: 5797a0c3

Problem Signature 04: Microsoft.DataTransfer.PowerBIGatewayAgent

Problem Signature 05: 1.13.6044.1

Problem Signature 06: 57979e87

Problem Signature 07: 16b

Problem Signature 08: 22

Problem Signature 09: System.Net.WebException

OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.272.7

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 9420

Additional Information 2: 9420bd853b79fe22d99193b2581d00b5

Additional Information 3: 9d91

Additional Information 4: 9d91d2d5b0ab9593b28430bb35737244

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=280262

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I run a SFC /SCANNOW and upgrade .net framework but problem is not solved. May you help me ?

Regards,

Laurent

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ljilibert @marcush @trobey @jrlenox @ryandweaver,

I get the same issue as yours last Friday, however, personal gateway works well after I reinstall it today. Could you please check if the issue still persists in  your scenario?

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
buchlerb
Regular Visitor

I continue to have this issue on a daily basis.  I have the latest version of the gateway installed.  It will work for a couple of the scheduled runs and then it crashes.  There is no real benefit to having the gateway if I have to be so hands on with it on a daily basis anyway.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ljilibert @marcush @trobey @jrlenox @ryandweaver,

I get the same issue as yours last Friday, however, personal gateway works well after I reinstall it today. Could you please check if the issue still persists in  your scenario?

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

after logging into the gateway this morning it ran without issue.  

It worked for me this morning .. It automatically connected and configured the personal gateway software I reinstalled last week successfully.

So it seems like it was a problem with the service.

Thanks anyone at Micsosoft who saw this thread and fixed it.

Hello @v-yuezhe-msft

Seems to rework again. I would be very interesting by having an explanation about this problem. We took some bad words from our business customer and I can't tell them that it came back by miracle.

Anyhow, I close it. Thanks for your replies and help.

marcush
Frequent Visitor

Same issue here. It worked yesterday and didn't today. As far as I know nothing has changed. I can't refresh any of my data so this is very frustrating.

trobey
Frequent Visitor

I'm getting the same error message.  I haven't done anything to my computer or Power BI.  Just received an email saying my refresh didn't go through and my personal gateway is showing offline.   I have uninstalled and reinstalled and still the same error appears.  

ryandweaver

Similar issue here this morning as well affecting multiple compuers/users.  I'm not aware of any updates made to these computers recently.

As soon as we open the Personal Gateway it displays the error:

GWConf has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Please close the program.

ryandweaver

Similar issue here this morning as well affecting multiple compuers/users.  I'm not aware of any updates made to these computers recently.

As soon as we open the Personal Gateway it displays the error:

GWConf has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Please close the program.

kbloink
Regular Visitor

I'm experiencing the same issue today. I installed DAX studio yesterday but that's the only thing that I can think of that has changed.

I'm having the same thing - just from Today.  I reinstalled personal gateway and had the same error message.

I had upgraded to the latest Power BI desktop earlier this week but that's the only thing different.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors