Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

shunsho
Frequent Visitor

Problem with Personal Gateway from June 1st

Hello everyone.

I have a Pro Account. Since today, my Personal Gateway doesn't connect to the service.

Some times it shows the message "Please wait while the gateway connects to the service" and other times "Unknown state error occured"

Tried to re install the Personal Gateway 2 times....still the problem.

Someone know what is the problem?

Thank you.
shunsho.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now it works 🙂 I think problem solved

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am Pro user and I have also problem with personal gateway from today. My error is : Register gateway failed after and reinstal when I try to sign in.

Same.  Cannot get the personal gateway to register ("Register gateway failed.").  Started happening 6/1/17.  Reinstalled both on-prem and personal gateways several times with reboots in between uninstalls re-installs.  On-prem gateway was and continues to be just fine.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Now it works 🙂 I think problem solved

Yes, mine is now successful (I took no further action after my post, with the exception of finishing the setup, which had been failing). When I attempted a refresh, I did get additional errors thrown by my R script as it attempted to connect to Access databases and to read/write files.  Seems that the personal gateway can no longer interpret named drives and requires UNC paths instead.  Had to edit paths in ODBC administrator as well.

Yes. The problem is solved. Was only a fail on June 1st...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors