Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GusGarcia

PowerQuery_2.34 date/numeric processing errors

At the suggestion of an update pop-up, I downloaded and installed PowerQuery_2.34 (after removing PowerQuery_2.25) and several of my formerly working queries were failing. I narrowed the issue down to any in-stream numeric/date data manipulation:

1. filtering of a date/time field to restrict the data pull (e.g. Table.SelectRows(MyBiz, each Date.IsInCurrentDay([SnapDate])) ) generates an processing data error message.
    [Note: SnapDate comes in as date/time format (mm/dd/yy hh:mm:ss), is tagged as a date field in the header, and presents me with date-related filters.]
  2. type conversion of a date/time field to date (e.g. Table.TransformColumnTypes(Latest,{{"SnapDate", type date}}) )
    [Note: values are replaced by "Error".]
  3. Adding an calculation column (e.g. Table.AddColumn(#"Add Data Items", "AllQty", each [Billing Qty]+[Backlog Qty]) )
    [Note: values are replaced by "Error".]

Each/all of these manipulations caused all subsequent operations, and of course the query, to fail - even if I tried re-creating the original query and filters from scratch. Furthermore, the data-type icons appearing at the top of the data preview columns (which start out okay), go haywire with even the simplest filter request on numeric or date fields.

I uninstalled v2.34 and re-installed v2.25 and all my workbooks and queries worked again.

Please advise if there's a bug fix for this so I can get back to the supposed benefits of the latest version.

Respectfully,

Gus

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors