Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jmdh
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

PowerBI on a password protected Excel xslx file

I seem  ti be unable  to access a password protected excel file with PowerBI

Iget an error message which indicates a  wrong  oledb access provider, but this does not help.

Is  powerBI capable of connecting to a password protected Excel file?

6 REPLIES 6
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Are you facing a problem opening your excel file? Or have you forgotten your excel password? If yes then this eSoftTools Excel Password Recovery Tool, gonna help you. With the help of this tool you can recover any complex password very easily. To recover any kind of password of an excel file this tool uses these three techniques - Brute Force Attack, Mask Attack, and Dictionary Attack. This excel password recovery tool is compatible with all MS Excel versions and all excel extensions. You will also find an additional feature that can recover passwords of MS Word and MS Access files.

Read More - Open a password protected excel file without password

excelpasswordrecovery

jon_rink2810

This Superb eSoftTools Excel Password Remover Software that securely recover lost Excel file password and unlock Excel file password by applying three method such as- dictionary attacks, brute force attacks and password known attacks. Excel Unlocker Software provides golden option that is demo version that available at free of cost and through demo users can recover first two characters of the password at free cost but for recover complete password there users have to purchase full version of the software. Software works on all excel file versions included- 97, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016.

Read More:-excelpasswordremover.com

huguest
Advocate II
Advocate II

I was searching on that same issue and came across this post.  Any update since this last reply?

bBI
Frequent Visitor

2018 checking in on the topic. Any progress made?

jw025598

I also receive the same error. 

ashishrj
Power Participant
Power Participant

@jmdh Yes even I tried and it seems to get the following error in my case as shown in image below

ExcelWithPassword.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors