Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Shyamjith
Regular Visitor

PowerBI + SSRS 2016 to Power BI

Hi,

Hi have created a SSRS chart and trying to Pin to my Power BI Dashboard. When i try to click on power BI icon on top of the report, it shows a error message says "You don’t have any dashboardsClose You need at least one dashboard that you have permissions to pin to."

I do have a blank dashboard on my Power BI

Please help me on this

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Shyamjith check out this article. it seems like you also need groups created.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt604784.aspx

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Shyamjith On top of what @Seth_C_Bauer said here is step by step article to guide you through pinning SSRS visual in power bi.

@Shyamjith Do you have a Power BI Pro license? Did you configure the Power BI connection in Report manager?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Yes i am under Power BI Pro trial period (60 Days), And yes I did configure the Power BI connection in Report manager

@ankitpatira Using the same steps , but no luck Smiley Sad

@Shyamjith check out this article. it seems like you also need groups created.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt604784.aspx

@ankitpatira  : Thank you , It worked.

Thanks @v-qiuyu-msft and @Seth_C_Bauer 🙂

Hi @ankitpatira ,

It does not come up with existing dashboard lists whenever I click on power bi icon. I am getting an error message popup which says "You don’t have any dashboardsClose You need at least one dashboard that you have permissions to pin to."

Hi @Shyamjith,

In your scenario, did you integrate Power BI with the SSRS 2016 RTM version? What's the edition of SSRS 2016? In Power BI Service, please check if you have any group workspace which you have edit permission, and check if there is any dashboard exists in this group. I would suggest you create a new group workspace and create a new dashboard in this group, then try to pin the visual from SSRS to Power BI.

Also please check if Power BI integration meets the requirements listed in this article: Power BI Report Server Integration (Configuration Manager). If issue persists, please check Reporting Services error log (default location: %programfiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\<SQL Server Instance>\Reporting Services\LogFiles) around the time that the error message thrown out. Please post the detail error log for our analysis if possible.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible that this will not work with the Developer SKU for SSRS? Otherwise, I'm at a loss as to what else could be causing this error since I have all of the requisite permissions and successfully configured the integration with my Power BI account.

Found this in the SSRS log file in case it means anything to anyone:

appdomainmanager!DefaultDomain!3488!05/22/2017-11:29:58:: i INFO: SetUnloadStarted AppDomain id '11': unloadStarted = 1

Thanks,

Ben

@Anonymous If you are talking about the new preview that is available here, then I suggest you spin up another thread to reduce confusion. Now that Reporting Services split and the integration functionality with Power BI is only in the Power BI Report Server it would be a good idea to not mix the two up. (Pre/Post Premium announcement).

If you are talking about the old one, then take a look at the link to get the latest preview

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Seth_C_Bauer,

I just re-read your post and realized that you had suggested looking at the preview of the new server as a solution to my question.

Just to be clear, I'm actually interested in resolving the issue using SSRS 2016 and the Power BI service, especially since it's an officially released product that is supposed to support this specific integration feature, i.e. pinning an SSRS dashboard to Power BI.

Hopefully, someone on the Microsoft Power BI team will respond to my request.

Thanks,

@Anonymous What version are you running? What is your build number on the SQL RS instance?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Seth_C_Bauer,

Here's the version number for the instance with SSRS:

Microsoft SQL Server 2016 (SP1-CU2) (KB4013106) - 13.0.4422.0 (X64)   Mar  6 2017 14:18:16   Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation  Developer Edition (64-bit) on Windows 8.1 Enterprise 6.3 <X64> (Build 9600: )

Thanks,

Ben

@Anonymous k, version shouldn't be the issue.

Have you seen this article? There are some gotcha's of setup and where you can do things in the begining.

I'm not aware that the Developer edition shouldn't be able to do this...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, @Seth_C_Bauer.

Yes, I have scoured that document, but can't find any root cause for my issue, including versions, permissions, etc.  Moreover, haven't run into any other blocking issues on the SSRS or Power BI service portal.

Really appreciate your assistance and please let me know if you come across any other possible root causes.

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Seth_C_Bauer,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I'm referring to the old version of integrating SSRS 2016 with the Power BI service, as I'm not using the new on-premise Power BI server yet.

Thanks,

Ben

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors