Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Flaxman64

Power Query refresh in XL file

I have been importing Excel files with "Get Data" where the files are stored in One Drive Business. I selected the "Connect, manage and view Excel in Power BI" option.

This worked fine until some days ago using refresh with the "Power BI personal gateway".

Then the refresh stopped working. I tried all different possibilities by rebuilding files and more. 

At this moment have been running trials and it seems like when I use the connection through Power Query to the data in the Excel file I am not able to refresh, but if I make the connection with the Power Pivot interface to the data I am able to refresh. 

I have both data from SQL Server and ODBC data and both are behaving the same way.

Has there been a upgrade that changed the behavior in Power BI or any other reason that can be addressed?

2 REPLIES 2
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Flaxman64

There's a known issuen for excel on Onedrive business. Check Awareness on the support page. 

We have identified an issue preventing data refresh for Excel files in Power BI and Office 365 Excel Services. Within Power BI, the affected excel files use the 'Connect, manage, and view Excel in Power BI' option. Data for affected files will not refresh until a fix is deployed. A workaround is to open the affected file from it's OneDrive for Business or SharePoint Online location in Excel Desktop, refresh, and save it. The updated data will be visible in Power BI within 15 minutes of saving the file. Power BI team is working with the Excel Services team to deploy a fix. Next Update @ 03/20/2017 12:00 PST

Thanks for information I will look forward to the fix. Also learning to look for the "Awareness" for details of problem.

Thanks for replay

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors