Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Erikvbueren
Helper I
Helper I

Power Query Sign in error

I try to connect from Excel 2013 to my shared Data Sources on PowerBi.com

After Signing in I Receive the following error:

Enterprise Features Unavailable: Your Organization no longer has access to enterprise features. Please log-out to access public data.

I do have access (and licensed) to PowerBi.Com and I can create reports with Power BI for Desktop, but I would use Excel for Power Query or Power Pivot Excel Reports.

10 REPLIES 10
zootsuitryan
Frequent Visitor

I am also having this issue when trying to access sign in to Power BI through Power Query in Excel 2016 (Get & Transform).

Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

Thanks,

Ryan

Scooterza

I am experiencing a similar problem.  I am using Excel 2013 Professional Plus.  I have also downloaded and installed the Microsoft Power BI Desktop.  When I open Excel, and look at the Power Query Tab, the options to get data are greyed out:

Excel Power Query Issue.jpg

If I try to Sign In using the icon on the right and I use the same login credentials as I use to login to the Power BI web dashboard, I get an error as follows:

Power BI Login Error.jpg

I close that window and get this:

Power Query Enterprise Features.jpg

I am then back to where I started from!

I cannot figure out how to get past this issue!  😠 

Appreciate any assistance!  Thanks

I am having the same issue. I know we have Office 365 E3. I cant seem to find anyone that can resolve this problem

I am having the same issue. We have Office 365 Enterprise E3 licence.

I have Office Excel 2013 with Power Query Version: 2.26.4128.242 installed.

Has anyone been able to resolve this issue?

I also have the same issue, from Excel 2010, 2013 and 2016 when I either try to sign into Power BI from the Power Query ribbon, or Save query to Data Catalog from Excel 2016.  I've even tried this on a couple of different PCs, and a couple of different tenants.  Does this feature actually work anymore?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I have the exact same problem. In short. How do I share a query from Power Query in Excel ? Is it possible at all when using the new Power BI? Or do I need to have an old Power BI for Office 365? It's not very clear. I am not able to sign in at all from Excel getting various strange errors.

Can someone please clarify?

You cannot share a query with PowerBI V2 ( new )..Only in PowerBI for O365 (old )..

Konstantinos Ioannou
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply. So now i actually created a new Office 365 trial version so I could use the "old" Power BI for demo purposes. Seems like I can only get a Power BI Pro trial though. This makes it possible to actually save and share a query from Power Query in Excel.. But is it correct that it is not possible to create a Power BI Site in SharePoint anymore? Power BI does not appear in my site content in SharePoint. TIA.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I'm wondering if you still have a SharePoint Online Plan 2 license (Enterprise), just wondering if that is still needed like it is on Power BI for O365. Can you check your admin center in O365 and see if any licenses recently expired?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors