Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kerrsol

Power BI table saved to Project Online Reporting?

Can I save a Power BI table to an Project Online report (and will it refresh)?  I think I only see Project Online to Power BI, but not the other way?  I like the interface of creating a table or report in Power BI, but the end users have access to PWA reports.  I am hoping to be able to save a Power BI file to the PWA reports file so that the end users can retrieve the information.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!  Kerry

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@kerrsol The only way I am aware that you could "possibly" achieve something like this would be using the developer api's.. detail here, but there isn't a UI way to use Power BI as a data source in an automated fashion. I'm not completely familiar with PO, but if you can import data you could export a table from power bi into excel and consume it. But that would be all manual.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

@Seth_C_BauerThank you!  It may be best for me to create the table in excel and then publish it to the Project Reports.  Else, I see that I can analyze my Power BI data with excel, but you are right, the flow from Power BI to excel to Project Online would be a manual process (from what I am seeing).  Thank you again!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@kerrsol The only way I am aware that you could "possibly" achieve something like this would be using the developer api's.. detail here, but there isn't a UI way to use Power BI as a data source in an automated fashion. I'm not completely familiar with PO, but if you can import data you could export a table from power bi into excel and consume it. But that would be all manual.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Seth_C_BauerThank you!  It may be best for me to create the table in excel and then publish it to the Project Reports.  Else, I see that I can analyze my Power BI data with excel, but you are right, the flow from Power BI to excel to Project Online would be a manual process (from what I am seeing).  Thank you again!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors