Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

edumarcos

Power BI and Office Graph

Hi everyone,

Does anyone knows if it is possible to use Power BI with Office Graph? I would like to call Office Graph from Power BI Dashboard.

Thank you in advance!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
edumarcos

I answer myself, it is possible to connect PowerBI with Microsoft Graph and get some data.

Anyone has ever tried to connect to MS Graph? I can only do a request for simple methods, and when I try to query or try other methods like get user events, I get an access error: "the user was not authorized".

Do I need to configure some permission for Power BI related with Azure AD or Microsoft Graph through the Azure Portal?

Thank you in advance 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Sokon
Advocate V
Advocate V

I succeeded in connecting to Microsoft Graph by using the ODATA standard connector like this:

Enter the following URL (if you want to query other things than users, change string accordinglingly):

ODATA1.png

Choose "Organizational Account" and log in:

ODATA2.png

Click Connect:

ODATA3.png

The tenant you will get the information from seems to be the user's home tenant.

Hope this helps!

This solution no longer works. Can it be reopned or do I need to create a new question?

I still get the notification Smiley Happy

Your are right, it stopped working some time ago. Our experts tell me that Microsoft probably doesn't allow Power BI Desktop to access the API any more. We didn't succeed in fixing it and now get the data from another source.

edumarcos

I answer myself, it is possible to connect PowerBI with Microsoft Graph and get some data.

Anyone has ever tried to connect to MS Graph? I can only do a request for simple methods, and when I try to query or try other methods like get user events, I get an access error: "the user was not authorized".

Do I need to configure some permission for Power BI related with Azure AD or Microsoft Graph through the Azure Portal?

Thank you in advance 🙂

Sorry, but this is not a Solution.  You haven't said how you managed to connect to Office Graph (do you mean Microsoft Graph by the way), and you've also said that you experienced some problems connecting.  

I too would like to know how one is supposed to connect view Microsoft Graph data in Power BI - does anyone know please?

edumarcos

Hi everyone,

Does anyone knows if it is possible to use Power BI with Office Graph? I would like to call Office Graph from Power BI Dashboard.

Thank you in advance!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors