Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ven7939

Power BI analysis Services Connector

Hi,

I was setting up Power BI Analysis Services Connector. I downloaded power BI analysis on the server and installed it. After the install, I logged into power BI after which it asked me to enter server name and log on details. I was able to log in successfully, next it asked me for a friendly name and message , which I entered, but got the below error. Has anyone seen this type of error?Can anyone help me with this? 

Anaysisservices.PNG

1 REPLY 1
fbrossard
Advocate V
Advocate V

Hi @ven7939

Make sure that on your SSAS server outbound ports: TCP 443 (default), 5672, 9350, 9354 are opened and all prerequistes validated. The check list is available at https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-analysis-services-connector/

By the way, you can test locally from the computer the AS Connector is installed on by:

• Using whoami/UPN: From a command prompt, type 'whoami/upn'. If the return result doesn't match the e-mail address used with the Power BI account, the AS Connector won't work.
  • Using SSMS: In SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), in the connect to server dialog for Analysis Services server, choose 'Options>>'

Then in the Additional Connection Parameters set EffectiveUserName= or the result of the whoami/upn). Then click Connect.

If connecting to the Analysis Services Server does not work, then the AS Connector will not work either.

For more information read https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-admin-troubleshoot-analysis-service-connec...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors