Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ejlevitt

Power BI Publisher for Excel - Can't see my group workspace

Hello,

I've installed the Power BI publisher for Excel.  When I sign-on to my O365 account in the Power BI publisher for Excel add-on, I can see several group workspaces to which I belong, but the ones that I need to publish to is not available.  No idea how to fix this.

Thanks for any help.

Eric

4 REPLIES 4
tzvikei
Employee
Employee

Hi Eric,

This is a known issue. the groups that you can't see are groups that are shared with people outside the group, and referred to as "read-only" groups. those are currently not supported to connect to.

We are working to fix this and add support in the next version of the Power BI publisher.

Thanks,

Tzvi

Tzvi Keisar
Senior Program Manager @ Microsoft Power BI

Hi,

what do you mean with "groups that you can't see are groups that are shared with people outside the group".

Each group workspace has its defined group members who either only have reading rights or edit rights.

In our case, I can only publish to my workspace or workspaces that are not "official" yet, thus currently only have a few "edit" members.

Any update on this?
Many thank in advance!
Carina

Anonymous
Not applicable

Carinal1178, did you find solution for this issue. I have a user complaining the same. when is tries to pin a range from spread sheet he is not seeing the workspace and previous pins to this workspace are also gone.

I would appreciate if you can share the solution.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any solution provided on this issue?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors