Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

NorthernGuy
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Desktop - connect to multiple QuickBook Online accounts

Hi,

I'm a consulting CFO and want to create dashboards in Power BI Desktop for several Quickbook Online clients using the QBO Content Pack -- when I navigate the "Get Data/Online Services/Quickbooks Online" I am not provided with an option to "sign in" with a specific account -- the service defaults to the initial/existing client account (that was used to create the first set of dashboards) and I can't find a mechanism to sign in under a different/new Quickbooks Online account.

Can someone explain how to connect Power BI Desktop to multiple QBO accounts?

Thanks as always.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @NorthernGuy,

In Power BI Desktop, please open File->Options and settings->Data source settings-> Global permission, find the data source connect to QuickBook Online. Then delete it or Edit the Permission like below:

q1.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
EugeneLebedev
Helper III
Helper III

Here is my approach: https://vidi-corp.com/product-connect-quickbooks-online-to-power-bi/

This would give you the data that you can filter by client

mohammadsorkhia
Regular Visitor

Hi,

We have multiple clients, and we want to compare the same measure across all our clients. The problem is that we can connect to one client at a time! 

Any solution about how can we load all clients' databases, please?

Yes, this solution allows you to extract data from QBO and filter it by client: https://vidi-corp.com/connect-quickbooks-online-to-power-bi/

I have used it before to extract data from 100+ QBO accounts and combine it together

gargi_m
Regular Visitor

Thank you for this question even I was looking an answer to it. I have one more question to ask will it allow scheduled refresh also after connecting to multiple Quickbook Onlice account?

quickbooks12

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your QB Experience  to us. I would also include some information it. When we transder all QuickBooks Online data to Quickbooks desktop this problem does'nt happens. In QuickBooks Online right side there is always a option Contact to our Support or Dial
1-888-771-0476 its a QuickBooks Help Number

Good morning, I do have different companies and different users in QuickBooks for dashboards, and it works when I switch users in BI Desktop and update them, but when I auto-update in Power Bi Service, it updates the entire dashboards with the last logged in user from QuickBooks. Any solution?  

Yes, you can extract data from all companies in a single dataset using this solution. You can then filter by company inside of Power BI https://vidi-corp.com/connect-quickbooks-online-to-power-bi/

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NorthernGuy,

In your scenario, as you are already signed in to QuickBooks Online in your browser, you may not be prompted for credentials. So you are not able to try different QuickBooks Online account.

If you are running IE browser, please delete stored Autocomplete data such as usernames, passwords, web addresses, and search queries. You can follow steps below:

1. Open the Tools menu.
  2. Select Internet Options.
  3. Click Content.
  4. Under AutoComplete, click Settings.
  5. Click Delete AutoComplete history…
  6. To prevent AutoComplete in the future, make sure AutoComplete is deselected for User names and passwords on forms, and then click on OK.
  7. Restart the IE.

Also you can try to run the IE in InPrivate mode by clicking Start InPrivate Browsing to check if you are prompted to enter account when connecting to QuickBooks Online content pack.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Qiuyun,

This didn't work -- I want to confirm that I'm asking about connectivity through PowerBI Desktop.

I access my clients' QBO accounts through both Edge and Chrome -- I went to QBO and ensured that I was logged out and didn't automatically log in when accessing the QBO sign in page.  I then cleared all history from the beginning of time on both Edge and Chrome.  Then, opened PowerBI Desktop and navigated through Get Data to QBO connectivity -- when I click on QBO it automatically loads the table set from my initial client.  

As a next step, after some more digging around on this topic, I have an email addresss from this second client that I am trying to create the PowerBI Dashboard.  I went into PowerBI.com and created a new free account using this second email.  Then, I went back to PowerBI Desktop and "switched users" and logged into Desktop using my client email address.  And again, when Navigating through Get Data to the QBO connection, PowerBI loads my initial client, even though I'm logged in as a different user??

Hope you can help -- in my world, this is important to me!

Thanks.

Hi,

As another step, which I didn't think would work, I went to QBO and logged in under the second company and then went back to PBI Desktop and tried to connect and of course, no change..... still connects to the initial company tables.

Thanks.

Hi @NorthernGuy,

In Power BI Desktop, please open File->Options and settings->Data source settings-> Global permission, find the data source connect to QuickBook Online. Then delete it or Edit the Permission like below:

q1.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Voila!  Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors