Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Desktop Zendesk (beta) querying more data than a published dataset

Hey, 

So I've connected Zendesk to Power BI desktop and it seems to give me all historic data, but as soon as I publish it to the web the published dataset is unable to reach more than the last 120 days it seems.

What gives?

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

Do you get different results in Power BI Desktop report and Power BI Service report which you publish from Power BI Desktop? Based on this article, Zendesk automatically archives tickets 120 days after they are marked Closed. This limitation comes from Zendesk but not from Power BI.

There is also a similar thread for your reference.
http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Integrations-with-Files-and/Zendesk-Ticket-Limitation/td-p/8696

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, there is different results as described. I contacted Zendesk and they told me Microsoft has to look at it.

It makes no sense that I'm able to query all data including archived in desktop, but not on a published dataset.

Please look into it.

@Anonymous,

Do you apply any filters in the report in Power BI Service after you publish PBIX file from Power BI Desktop to Power BI Service? Could you please post screenshots about report in Desktop and Service?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey,

No filters in the published report that are different to the one I have on my desktop.

I'cant post any screenshots due to privacy concerns.

When I publish the pbix, it works for a few minutes. Then something is updated and it only shows the last 120 days.

...but as I'm looking at it now something wierd is happning. I have a Date Table that I use for dates and it looks like the date releationship is lost when publised.

I'll look at it more closely and get back to you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey,

So I've connected Zendesk to Power BI desktop and it seems to give me all historic data, but as soon as I publish it to the web the published dataset is unable to reach more than the last 120 days it seems.

What gives?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors