Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

donnaolmeca

One or more rows contain values violating non-null, unique, or foreign-key constraints

I am trying to connect Power BI to my local MySQL DB.

I am geeting the following error:

Details: "An error happened while reading data from the provider: 'Failed to enable constraints. One or more rows contain values violating non-null, unique, or foreign-key constraints.'"

For testing purposes I created a simple table with one column only, 1-15 numerical values, no dupliactes, no-nulls - also table settings have been set to: non-null & unique, no fregin-key.

Not sure what is the issue here. Please advise.

4 REPLIES 4
WGordon
Frequent Visitor

I'm now having this issue as well. Did anyone find the solution?

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@donnaolmeca,

I have no issues when connecting to local MySQL database in Power BI Desktop. Do you get errors when you connect to MySQL database from other applications such as Excel?

Could you please post Create statement and Insert Statement of this table here so that I can test?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

This is happening for me as well. I would like to give more color on this topic:

- PBI Desktop version: Nov 2018.

- MySQL 8.0.13. Default values for collation and charset.

I did an A/B test. I have 2 MySQL instances. For the MySQL5.7 instance, I'm able to connect to this without error.

The other instance MySQL 8.0.13 throws the below error when I'm attempting to connect.
"DataSource.Error: An error happened while reading data from the provider: 'Failed to enable constraints. One or more rows contain values violating non-null, unique, or foreign-key constraints.'"

This happens when trying to Get Data.

The table does not seem to matter. Here's a test table anyway

CREATE TABLE `tmp_test_pbi` (
`col_a` text
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8mb4 COLLATE=utf8mb4_0900_ai_ci COMMENT='Testing PBI connectivity issue.';

INSERT INTO tmp_test_pbi VALUES('a'), ('b'), ('c')

I having this issue as well

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors