Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

IoanCosmin
Helper III
Helper III

On-Premises Gateway - ODBC data source error

Hello everyone,

I am having a hard time setting up the On-Premise Gateway for manual refreshes. Here's my setup:

MariaDB

ODBC Connector (64bit)

Power BI (64bit)

On-Premise Gateway (64bit)

In the Manage Gateways menu it says: "Online: You are good to go". When I try to add data sources to use the gateway I run into the following error:

error.jpgpq.jpg

Can someone please guide me on how can I get this working? I would really like to be able to refresh the data. I have tried everything and I can't seem to get it up and running.

Thank you so much,

Cosmin

LE: I've noticed that there is a typo in the screenshot. It doesn't work with DSN either.

10 REPLIES 10
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@IoanCosmin

Could you confirm that your enterprise gateway is based on the same server where the ODBC is set up.

I've also noticed that the ODBC is a User DSN and it may not be visible for the gateway, try to create a System DSN instead.

Hello Eric,

Thank you so much for the solution. It seems that the System DSN fixed part of the problem. The connection is now succesful but I am unable to refresh the dataset. It says that the credential stored in the cloud is missing. ???

Can you please help me with this?

Works with System DSNWorks with System DSNUnable to refreshUnable to refreshCredentials not stored in the cloudCredentials not stored in the cloud

Thank you,

Cosmin

@IoanCosmin

Could you try to remove the datasource and create a new one under the gateway?

Hello Eric. I have tried that and I get the same message. I don't know what else to do.

Please advise.

Thank you,

Cosmin

Anyone?

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you go to your Dataset and click "Schedule Refresh" and are taken to the Dataset's tab.  Do you have any "Edit Credentials" that can be updated in the section "Data Source Credentials"?

Hello Ross,

Yes I have. I manage to get it to work. Thank you for you help and for this great community.

I'm sorry it took me so long to reply.

Cosmin

Kind reminder.

DQ
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

Have you tested the ODBC driver on the machine the gateway is on through control panel ?

Dyer

Sure. It works without a problem.

Thanks,

Cosmin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors