Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

On Demand Refresh

Hi EveryOne,

I'm Very new to PowerBI.

Can anyone please help me, how to reload dashboard from web.

I'm publishing (embed) dashboard in Sharepoint. Problem is user wants to refresh app, there is no refresh button on the UI.

Is there any way to refresh app from the UI.

Regards,

Pavan.

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

If you use Power BI embedded feature to integrate Power BI reports in SharePoint and use import mode dataset, you have to refresh Power BI Desktop file manually and re-import each time you have updated data as currently Power BI embedded doesn’t support refresh for import mode dataset. Power BI embedded supports refresh for DirectQuery mode dataset.

However, if you use “Publish to web” feature and embed Power BI reports in SharePoint, schedule refresh in Power BI Service as other post, and please note that data refreshes are automatically reflected in your embedded report or visual, after refresh occurs in Power BI Service reports , it can take approximately 1 hour for refreshed data to be visible from embed codes.

Regards,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Grooujer
Regular Visitor

Hi,

I believe you need to do this is the power bi service environment. As you refresh the dashboard there, the data should refresh also in your embedded sharepoint environment.

You can also schedule data refresh: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-refresh-data/

To do so you might need to install a personal or enterprise gateway. 

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Jeroen 

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

When you say "(embed) dashboard" are you referring to Power BI Embedded or something else?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors