Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sbowles
Regular Visitor

OData loses its credentials with OAuth2 when connecting to Dynamics CRM Online 2015 update 1

MSCrM and PBI Guru's

Loaded a custom MSCrm  data set to PBI .. It connects directly to Microsoft Dynamics CRM online 2015 update one via the Odata conection
I can't seem to get it to refresh! 
It's giving me a variety of failures.. Most specifically it can't connect to data( I have to reenter my credentials each time using Oauth2.) - The next day it loses it again...:-(
Org is setup on ADFS but my user for Oauth2 is outside the ADFS the using the .onmicrosoft domain

Useing a full PBI Pro License 

Other times; it gives me an error that says "an error occurred while processing the data in the data set"
I can't find anything wrong with it.. It refreshes okay from the desktop... (Although extremely slowly)

I have the standard CRM Odata feed and template set up and it's working fine ( PBI template that comes when you connect to the service)... Its Not losing my credentials and refreshes on a daily basis..

Tried manually refreshing... Getting a variety of strange errors coming back

"The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error"
"an error occurred while processing the data in the data set"
"can't connect to the data source".

Anyone else going through this hellish nightmare? I have a support claim in but nothing yet from the PBI fokes ..

1 REPLY 1
bpalermo
Frequent Visitor

Over the last month or so, I've been getting the same issue with scheduled refresh from CRM online.  Very annoying.  Previously, it had been working fine.

Did you get a response on this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors