Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

OjasBI
Frequent Visitor

No Dashboard and Datasets

Hi All,

I am completely new to Power BI. I was just trying https://app.powerbi.com and referring to Introducing_Power_BI book.

I imported '2015 Sales.xlsx' mentioned in the sample. It is mentioned that a dashboard will be created automatically. and the file will be present in datasets too on the left side.

However I am not able to see anything in dashboards and datasets. I can sse the file in reports.

I was able to see earlier. Dont know why it has just vanished now.

I cannot see the NLP option too. 

Can anybody please suggest or help out here.

Thanks in advance !!!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @OjasBI,

It depends that how you import Excel file to Power BI Service. If you choose “Import Excel data into Power BI” option to upload Excel file, the Excel data source will appear in Datasets section, however, if you choose ”Upload your Excel file to Power BI” option to upload Excel, Excel data source will appear in Reports section.

1.PNG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
himanshu56
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @OjasBI

You certainly are missing few of the steps in order to create a dashboard.

This link will help you to get started in PowerBI Service (which is app.powerbi.com)

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-basic-concepts

If you are familiar with basic concepts then have a look at the following link which covers how to import datasets, make dashboards, use NLP etc.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-get-started

Thanks,

Himanshu

Hi Himanshu,

After going through basic concepts I am assuming that SQL azure data sources are listes in Datasets whereas excel sources will be listed in Reports?

Hi @OjasBI,

It depends that how you import Excel file to Power BI Service. If you choose “Import Excel data into Power BI” option to upload Excel file, the Excel data source will appear in Datasets section, however, if you choose ”Upload your Excel file to Power BI” option to upload Excel, Excel data source will appear in Reports section.

1.PNG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Perfect !!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors