Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

danielPrieto
Advocate I
Advocate I

Names customfields JIRA

Hi everyone,

I am trying to import data from Jira and I have the doubt if there is any way to replace the name of the customfields with the corresponding name of JIRA, that is, replace "customfield_xxxxx" with "FieldNameInJira". I have previously worked with Tableau and this was feasible but I have not found the form since PowerBI.

Any ideas to do this directly? I know that I can see this in Jira portal but this is too tedious and it 's not posible if don`t have admin permissions.

Thanks,

Dani

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@danielPrieto,

After you import these custom fields to Power BI Desktop, you can rename these fields in Query Editor of Power BI Desktop.
1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for your reply @v-yuezhe-msft.

I know that is a possibility, but my question goes further in the sense of whether there is any automatic way for PowerBI to detect the name of the customfield without having to do it manually. I always know that another possibility is load a table with the relationships between customfield ids and names and then replace customfields ids by their names but I don't know why PowerBI can detect the names directly.

Thanks in advance

@danielPrieto,

As your post, you can create a table containing customfield ids and names, then create relationship between the table and your original table using customfield field, when you create report, you can directly drag the name field of the new table to visuals.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors