Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Maffimau
Frequent Visitor

Multiple data sources

Hi all, I'm new in PowerBi and I tried to connect more yhan une source in the same time (XLSX file and SQL serve source) to do some calculation and have result in one dashboard.

In Desktop app all is ok and I'm able to refresh all data from different sources, but when I try to public my reprot on internet I have an error "the gateway (Power BI – personal) is è offline. Check the Gatway if is Online." so I can't do nothig, view data, refresh data, etc... If I use only XLSX or SQL source alone all is ok, but togheter noway.

I check in the gatway setting and the XLSX file is online and connected, also for the SQL source is online and connected.

Someone can help my?

Thank you very much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Maffimau,

All the data sources for a dataset have to belong to the same gateway in order for you to be able to refresh. Please add Excel data source and SQL Server data source under a same on-premises gateway or user personal gateway to refresh your dataset.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
tringuyenminh92
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Maffimau,

Have you tried with On-premise gateway (enterprise gateway) instead of personal gateway?

Hi, I alredy installed the One-premise gateway. Probably the problem is that the XLSX file is in one server with one gateway, and SQL data are in another server with another gateway? (all two are One-premise gateway).

Hi @Maffimau,

All the data sources for a dataset have to belong to the same gateway in order for you to be able to refresh. Please add Excel data source and SQL Server data source under a same on-premises gateway or user personal gateway to refresh your dataset.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Solved, thank you very much

Hi, I alredy installed the One-premise gateway. Probably the problem is that the XLSX file is in one server with one gateway, and SQL data are in another server with another gateway? (all two are One-premise gateway).

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors